Scott Harrison was born into a pretty sweet suburban life. He was the only child of a businessman and a writer and as he puts it, “They loved each other and they loved me.”
When Scott was four, everything changed.
His mother suddenly collapsed on the floor due to carbon monoxide poisoning that the Harrisons didn’t know was leaking into their home. She made it through, but her life, as well as her son’s, would never be the same.
She was now allergic to everything – from perfume to the ink on paper – which meant at a very young age Scott had to now take care of his mom.
in 2017 your tax-deductible support has helped us reach 30K surgeries in the #AfricaMercy's 10-year service. Thank you!…
He cooked, he cleaned, he made sure everything was in order. He decided when he grew up he would become a doctor so that he could help sick people like his mom.
When he turned 18, that changed too.
#GivingTuesday is two days away, and this year is going to be bigger than ever! Here's why: https://cwtr.org/2mO7nzf
Scott used music as an escape from his every day, responsibility-filled life. He moved to New York and found out that he could be paid to listen to music and to drink. It was called “being a club promoter.”
For 10 years, he drank and did drugs. Scott says he smoked two packs a day. He traveled the world, unleashing his morally bankrupt lifestyle everywhere he went.
After one night partying in Uruguay, that all changed too.
Head to the next page to see Scott’s metamorphosis into the person he is today…